Everyone has a first heartbreak. A heartbreak that intensifies the emotional pain, and heightens the physical pain. Heartbreak that makes you question every thought and action you pursue moving forward. Heartbreak that makes you wonder, “Why?” every single day, for months on end. Heartbreak that takes you to one of the darkest places you’ve ever been.
While it may seem as though the pain that follows will never leave, that pain inside you will push you to accomplish more than you could possibly imagine. That lingering three-letter question, whether you believe it now or not, will be the reason you will be better than okay. That three-letter question will be the reason you push yourself to find the extraordinary version of what you want your life to be and who you want to become.
- You will learn to have your own back.
- You will learn to control your emotions.
- You will learn to surround yourself with people who lift you up and rid yourself of those who weigh you down.
- You will stop letting distractions get in the way of your dreams.
- You will learn to try new things that make you feel alive again.
- You will realize your mistakes are your best lessons.
- You will learn to test your limits, because you’ve got nothing holding you back.
- You will learn to live in the moment.
- You will be spontaneous.
- You will travel, because you can.
- You will find a hidden passion that you never knew existed within yourself.
- You will realize that the love for your family and friends means more than anything else.
- You will learn to appreciate the bad days, because you’ll know you are strong enough to overcome each new obstacle.
- You will learn that positivity and laughter are the two main ingredients to a happy life.
Finally, You will no longer ask yourself, “Why?” you will start telling yourself, “Why not!?”
Moving on from your past is never easy. It takes time, and lots of it. The past is one of the most difficult places to escape from, but allowing yourself to break out of your shell and experience everything life has to offer will make you see the beauty in all things.
Find your escape.