If there is any advice I could give anyone, it would be to just do it — whatever inkling you have, whatever your heart and gut is telling you to do, do it.
For me, that inkling has been to travel far and travel often. To find a greater love in my heart for new people and places around the world; to open my eyes, mind, and spirit to everything this world has to offer.
Ireland has been the most monumental, most eye opening adventure — it’s everything I could have ever hoped for and more. To be honest, it didn’t take long at all for Dublin to feel like home. I kid you not, I maybe used Google Maps twice while I was here. The rest just came from adapting to my surroundings faster than I ever have, and feeling as if I was actually a local with how familiar I became with the city so quickly. I’m heartbroken because I love this city, can 100% see myself moving here — ever feel like you’ve stumbled into a new city, state, or country, and immediately felt it was home? Well, that’s Dublin for me.
Lucky for me, I became pretty close with a handful of people living in Dublin, so you can fully expect more Ireland adventures to come again, very soon. 😉
Out of everything I did on this trip and what I was able to experience, here are my favorite highlights:
- Made friends from all over the world, throwing invites to come visit & continue my travel adventures in Scotland, Canada, and Australia.
- Became friends with several musicians playing out at the Irish pubs nearly every night.
- Temple bar and Badass pub. Love.
- Became a “perfect pint of Guinness pourer” certified.
- Got kissed by my Dublin crush 😊 although, he was a British fella, not Irish. But either way, most definitely the best and favorite kiss in my 25 years. ❤️
- Dancing and singing the night away at O’Conners Pub, where they filmed Ed Sheeran’s Galway Girl music video.
- Tullamore Distillery Irish Whiskey Tasting.
- Biking across the entirety of Inis Mór, the largest of the Aran Islands.
- Playing on the edge of the seven wonders of the world, Cliffs of Moher.
- Playing with baby lambs. AND getting my second best kiss on my Ireland adventure by little Beau Beau. 🐑💕
- Receiving “the gift of the gab” — kissing the Blarney Stone.
These are just a few of my favorite new memories from my favorite country. But, everything I did, everything I saw, everyone I met along the way have easily changed my life; in more ways than just one. 🌍🍀🇮🇪
Thank you, Ireland, for teaching me that in the face of all obstacles I can follow my heart and be brave; be courageous and take the risk. Thank you, Ireland, for creating a new level of confidence in where I go next — both in travel and in life. For reassuring me of what is really important. That jumping head first into the unknown and making memories with new people in new places changes lives — not material things.
Thank you, Ireland, for showing me I can conquer anything and everything; completely on my own.
Thank you, Ireland, for opening my mind, my heart, and setting my soul on fire. Best believe I will be back again to make more Irish memories, very very soon.
From The Emerald Isle